dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] Re: memory management

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] Re: memory management
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:47:07 +0100 (CET)

On 18 Mar 2003, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> > Would you supply a scm_free() inside libguile.dll there would be no
> > problem, because then the free() called inside libguile.dll:scm_free()
> > would match the previous malloc() (also called inside libguile.dll).
>
> If you can instruct code to use libguile.dll:scm_free instead of
> kernel32.dll:free, can't you also instruct it to use msvcrt.dll:free
> instead of kernel32.dll:free?

I would need to call libguile.dll:libc:free.  I would need to know to
which libc libguile.dll was linked.

BTW:  The standard libc for MinGW is 'msvcrt.dll'.  You get into trouble
      when you want to use another (native) compiler, like BorlandC or
      VisualC.

So what would be the correct solution without scm_free()?

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden