dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] towards 0.2.1

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob-Blödorn
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] towards 0.2.1
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 05:24:43 +0100

On 03/21/2013 09:06 PM, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

Hey!

() Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob-Blödorn <address@hidden>
() Thu, 21 Mar 2013 06:33:52 +0100

    >    Bug:         B0018

    This one _might_ still be present. I see checksum errors nowadays
    when using wireshark to debug networking issues.  However, that is
    hear-say.

Well, if you see it yourself, it seems more than hear-say.  Anyway, is
this specific to Serveez or do you see it in other circumstances?

I see it in wireshark, if I see it at all.

    >    Bug:         B0012

    I believe we forcefully made that happen with the 'mandel' demo and
    many, many clients. (on hardware 13 years ago...)

I suppose we can revive it (w/ enough volunteers :-D).

Hm... /

    [...] this might also be an algorithmic problem. [...]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C10k_problem
    http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html

    As far as I can remember, that just might have been the problem.

Thanks for the links.  Interesting stuff.

Indeed.

    I doubt that he has the resources to do that. Just mark those bugs
    cant-reproduce-wont-fix and go on with life :)

OK.  That's what i will do.  Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, good.

See ya!

        Raimund