devel-panorama

Re: Addition of a thin-lens camera...

From: Carlos Jiménez Moreno
Subject: Re: Addition of a thin-lens camera...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:06:00 +0200

On Thursday 26 April 2001 01:37, you wrote:

First of all, thanks for your effort

> btw. Is anyone else still planning on doing any work on panorama?

Personally, I have no time to get part in the develop of panorama at present.
I have been working on computer graphics and I have much code but it is not
integrated in the actual panorama's release and I have no time to this work.
(http://www.inicia.es/de/carlosjm/)
I have been working on release 0.13.2 because in the last release that I used
(0.14) the same code was a 15 % slower than in the 0.13.2 release and I had
no time to find the reason.
I am not sure to share all the code like the montecarlo render (It produce
images in production times (7 to 15 minutes in a K7 system) without real
optimizations) and I want to try and use it to get a job in computer
graphics. But the hierarchical radiosity system and the new graphic debug
concept I think that can by included in the actual release...
The problems are:
-I have no time (at present) to make the integration
-The code has no documentation (only for my eyes documentation) and it isn't
trivial for other person to make this integration (I think)

I have an explanation of graphic debug concepts but it is in spanish and
I must translate it and prepare a set of examples to explain the concepts...

Carlosj