devel-panorama

awakening

From: Miriam Britton
Subject: awakening
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:05:15 +0800

A few of them swang out a few times, but none of them jumped in either.
This white paper from ComplyGuard Networks explains what the specific requirements of the PCI DSS mean for merchants.
As screwed up as I was, I have no idea how much time passed.
Unlike the other side, this one wasn't reinforced with concrete and was just bare rock. However, we did get to see one young guy swing out and then completely bust his tailbone on the boulders when he swung back in. The bottom floor was filled with all kinds of random junk, again just stuff you'd expect to see at a garage sale. He said no, but they did in the past.
Thankfully, the natives were friendly. I just collapsed on the ground and lay there for about five minutes. It was a miracle they hadn't given way underneath me.
My little near-death experience had left me pretty shaken up, and I'm usually pretty unflappable.
This, I decided, I had to see.
To make matters worse, I noticed that each time the figure would pass one of the doors to the mall he would walk over to it and attempt to open it. We told her that if she ever had an exhibition of abandoned places in art, we knew plenty of people that would come see it.
Unfortunately, there did appear to be more graffiti than the last time I was there. It was a miracle they hadn't given way underneath me. I had had the idea that we might be able to get close to it with the sinkhole only being a day old, but we were sadly mistaken. It was of the large room below the smokestack with huge machinery it, and it definitely captured the coolness of the decaying plant. Then, I went back down, handed the camera to Hiccup, and climbed back up again so she could get some pictures of me sitting in the belltower.
We spent a while down there checking it out and rolling balls down the lanes, but eventually we went back the way we came. Then we got back into the car and started heading south toward Cotter.
At the bottom of the tunnel, a rusted air vent gave way enough for me to slip inside, although it was a dirty experience. We found its head about ten feet down and on the other side of the rail where it had been decapitated. We also saw the two guys from before wandering around down below taking pictures and waved to them.
It looked like someone had been stockpiling clothes and toiletries.
It was another large, empty room, but this one had apparently been some sort of recreational area.
I'd brought my ten million CP spotlight, but it hadn't charged fully in the car on the way there, so we were stuck with flashlights. All the tile had already been pulled up from the floor, and we could see shops all along the way had plastic covering their entrances. The signs posted on some of the plastic said they were doing asbestos removal.
We walked on past it a ways until we came to a small bridge spanning a dry creek.