Re: [Directory-discuss] accented chars in names

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] accented chars in names
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:12:43 -0500

On 01/11/2012 02:22 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

> The remaining issue you noted is with the accented letters in the
> developer names.  I don't know how to do that in the Directory :(.

What has worked for me is to copy their name from their home page into
the appropriate field. (I used abrowser/firefox.) The text you are
copying and the page you are pasting into may have to be set and/or
viewed as UTF-8, as I don't know if copy and paste will automatically
convert the symbol codes. If when you view the saved result under UTF-8
format, it worked if the symbols display correctly. The directory uses
UTF-8 format for encoding such symbols in the directory.

Hope that helps.

-Andrew