Re: [directory-discuss] Anti-features going forward

From: Anonymous
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Anti-features going forward
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:31:08 -0500 (EST)

Adonay Felipe Nogueira said:

> About the "non-free documentation" claim: It seems we are forgetting
> that free/libre documentation licenses also allow third-parties to
> share or sell the documentation to others who don't have access for
> that documentation due to some unfortunate event.

Does this:

  "Copyright © The GNU Radio Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved."

entitle sharing?

Even if that copyright claim somehow ultimately facilitates a GPL,
then your claim is still weasel-wording in the end.  Even if a claim
that users are free to access the documentation would hold in
courtroom challenge to the contrary, users are still at a loss for
freedom.  In the absense of someone actually ad-hoc sharing the
documentation, incidentally, users are then forced to give up many
freedoms in order to access the only available copy.

The success of such weasel-wording would (at best) only demonstrate
FSF falling short of constructing a framework for which users are
free and empowered.

> Their documentation being under the GNU GPL 3 (at least that's what
> it seys in the documentation link provided at the Free Software
> Directory, <https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Gnuradio>, "GNU Radio is
> licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3
> [...]") proves that it's still free/libre documentation, and you can
> get it from someone else who has it.

Can you please give a direct link?  The link you supply goes to:

  http://gnuradio.org/doc/sphinx/

I solved the captcha and was given a key to copy/paste.  After
submission, I was looped to another captcha.  Again I solved it and
received another key.  Then that key was also countered with yet
another captcha.

So I've been forced into (the involuntary servitude of) captcha entry
twice, and was still denied access in the end.

--
Please note this was sent anonymously, so my address will be unusable.