Re: [directory-discuss] GNU Radio situation

From: Nomen Nescio
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] GNU Radio situation
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:39:36 +0100 (CET)

Ian Kelling said:

> The gnuradio.org website gets hosted by cloudflare, which has been
> known to present a captcha on the first page load when using tor,
> which makes the site harder to use and unusable with cli
> tools. However gnuradio.org seems to have this setting turned
> off.

This is misinformation.  Gnuradio.org is using the default CloudFlare
configuration w.r.t Tor.  This is the most aggressive block, which by
forces every Tor exit node IP (malicious traffic or not) through a
captcha that (when solved, and if solvable) grants temporary access
for that IP only.

> Furthermore, captchas would not make the content be nonfree.

Nonsense.  It's already been established that it does:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2017-01/msg00066.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2017-01/msg00076.html

--
Please note this was sent anonymously, so my address will be unusable.