Re: [directory-discuss] s/w that requires a middleman to liberate it --

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] s/w that requires a middleman to liberate it -- is it free?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:05:10 +1100

If
http://web.archive.org/web/20160825192530/http://gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.7.10.1.tar.gz
works for you, I believe -- someone needs to confirm this -- you may
link to it in the FSF directory instead of linking directly. Is it
identical to
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/archive/v3.7.10.1.tar.gz also?

Meanwhile please understand that we have these cases:
A) Software is free, documentation is free, website is free.  Pass. We
include the software at FSF directory, and link to its documentation.
B) Software is free, documentation is free, website is non-free. Pass.
We should include the software and the documentation at FSF directory in
some way.
C) Software is free, documentation is non-free, website is non-free.
Pass. We should include the software (but not the documentation) at FSF
directory in some way.
D) Software is non-free, documentation is non-free, website is non-free.
(I think we all agree here) Fail.

and in cases B and C _the software (and, in case B, its documentation)
is free_. Were it not free, we would deny its existence and ignore it;
work to mirror that software or to fix its existing website would be
meaningless.