[directory-discuss] Directory import project: what are the keys?

From: David Seaward
Subject: [directory-discuss] Directory import project: what are the keys?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 00:45:29 +0200

Hi,

I don't have time to volunteer for the import project, but I am curious
to know how it fits into the world of packaging and distros. I
occasionally use FSD page names as a key (aka primary key) for
free/libre packages, and I wanted to check if this actually makes any
sense.

Does FSF/FSD consider an FSD page to be the canonical reference for
that package. Rather than, say, the Guix or Debian package page. (Which
isn't to say it could get out of date.)

Of course the **ultimate** point of reference remains wikidata.org, for
example https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q7609 :)

Regards,
David