Re: [directory-discuss] Linking licenses to SPDX

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Linking licenses to SPDX
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:51:46 -0400

"zPlus" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to link the licenses used on the FSD, to SPDX. The simplest
> option that I can think of is a "spdx_id" property, but I'm not
> allowed to create new properties on the website. I'd like to know if
> somebody else could please create a new property called "spdx_id".
>
> Example usage:
>
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Academic_Free_License_3.0
>     spdx_id: AFL-3.0
>
> Thank you.

Please hold off on this, as FSF does not yet recommend using SPDX. We
are working with them on some improvements to it, and if they are
implemented, we will likely want to use it in the Directory in some way.

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.