discuss-gnu-electric

Digital IC (ASIC/VLSI) engineer; MSEE with 4 years experience

From: Salah K.
Subject: Digital IC (ASIC/VLSI) engineer; MSEE with 4 years experience
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:15:26 -0400

Dear Hiring manager for Engineering jobs,

I am applying for the Hardware (ASIC) design and verification
engineer; Application engineer job openings.

I have a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and four years of
industry experience as an ASIC design engineer. I have worked on
various stages of the design flow and have performed functions such as
RTL logic design using Verilog; design verification; Dynamic timing
analysis using TimeMill; DFT and ATPG using Tetramax; FPGA design. I have good communication skills and problem solving ability.

I was responsible for finding the cause of design failure when the
DSP processor communicates with the Memory. I was also responsible
for generating ATPG patterns that passed functional test in Verilog.

Because of the current market situation I am willing to self-relocate
nationwide and my salary requirements are negotiable. You can call me
at (408) 829-2757 or email me at address@hidden

Sincerely,

Salah Kazi
2705 Homestead Road, Apt # 9
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Tel: (408) 829-2757
Email: address@hidden

SUMMARY
MSEE, 4 years experience, worked extensively on dynamic timing
analysis using Timemill, designed Remote I/O expander for I2C bus,
worked on ATPG for DFT, experienced user of Verilog, Timemill and ATPG

OBJECTIVE
To work as an ASIC design and verification engineer; DFT or FPGA Application engineer

WORK EXPERIENCE
Agere Systems, Atlanta, GA   05/00 to 01/02
Functional design engineer
* Designing the next-generation, high-speed DSP cores
* Configured Timemill and performed dynamic timing analysis and
solved issues on gate level netlist
* Generated ATPG vectors that passed functional test for DFT work
using Tetramax
* Pushed Verilog RTL through the design flow using Epic tools suite
by Synopsys
* Verified Verilog cell library against the Spice library using ATPG
test vectors

Fairchild Semiconductor, San Diego, CA   02/98 to 05/00
Digital design engineer
* Designed CMOS RTL logic using  Verilog HDL and verified design
using Verilog-XL
* Designed and verified Remote 8-bit I/O expander for I2C bus
* Verified the isophase mode of Video decoder and determined the
offset limits for the inputs and submitted report
* Designed logic for error counter and entered schematic using ALTERA
FPGA tools

SKILLS
Application Software  (UNIX Environment)
Verilog HDL, Viewlogic VHDL, Verilog-XL, Timemill, Pathmill,
EPIC tools suite by Synopsys, Tetramax, ALTERA MAX+II, HSPICE

Programming Languages
C, Java, Pascal, FORTRAN, Assembly Language, Perl

EDUCATION   (MSEE)

Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Master of Science, December 1997, Electrical Engineering

Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Bachelor of Engineering, July 1995, Computer Science and Engineering

ACCOMPLISHMENTS (Course projects)
* Designed a 32 bit SRAM memory unit at MOSFET transistor
level and tested read and write operations using SPICE
* Designed 32-bit Fast adder, Pipeline adder and 32-bit Barrel shifter
* Designed a RISC processor using VHDL and designed and tested 32-bit
ALU, and Central Processor Unit CPU for VLSI course project
* Designed 6 bit Binary Decoder with enable, 16-bit Register cell bus
and 16-bit Multi function register using VHDL, and Magic for layout
* Designed and tested 8-bit Multiplier using Booth recoding algorithm

RELOCATION
Willing to self-relocate nationwide