discuss-gnu-electric

Arcs lose ability to connect to anything else after tech. editing

From: Andrew West
Subject: Arcs lose ability to connect to anything else after tech. editing
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:29:11 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I think I may have found a bug in Electric 6.08 - it seems once any
Technology Editing facet has been viewed, any new arcs made in other
layout or schematic facets no longer have the option to connect to
anything else when creating (drawing) them.

Example:

1. File>New Library:  "test"
2. Facets>Edit Facet...:  new "layout" facet called "inv"
3. Technology>Change current Technology: change to "mocmos"
4. Wire up a tiny circuit e.g. invertor
5. Technology>Convert and Edit Technology...: select "nmos"
Add a few more wires to the circuit. Wiring stills works as normal.
6. Facets>Edit Facet...: select "layer-Metal" from library "nmos"
7. Facets>Edit Facet...: select "inv" from library "test"
All new arcs no longer have the option to connect to a destination node or
arc. The selections made above were arbitrary, the same thing happens with
editing any tech library's facets as far as I can tell.

The upshot of this is that I can't load my own technology library without
it losing the ability to connect new arcs to anything else.

I've tried running electric-6.08 on a Red Hat 9 system (i386, Pentium 4),
a Red Hat 8 system (i386, Celeron) and a Sun (sparc, 4-way Sun Fire),
compiling from source. They all show the same problem.

Is this a bug or is there some way to load a tech library without
breaking the arc wiring?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andrew West