[Discuss-gnuradio] build tree overhaul in progress...

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] build tree overhaul in progress...
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:10:11 -0700

Hi,

Hope everyone is safe and secure.

On my end, I'm currently in the middle of a major cleanup of the GNU
Radio code base and build strategy.  I'm currently converting it to
use all the auto tools (autoconf, automake, autoheader, libtool, et
al).

It's already looking better and can now perform VPATH builds.  None of
this has been committed to CVS yet, but will when it's all complete.

Also, the linux driver for the Measurement Computing PCI-DAS4020/12 is
working and checked in.  It's using scatter/gather DMA and transfers
directly into buffers mmapped into user space.  When I get time, I'll
make a separate distribution of the driver, since it's useful outside
of GNU Radio.

Eric