RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Canadian open source SDR proposal

From: Bicer, Murat
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Canadian open source SDR proposal
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:28:32 -0500

>Will the source be released openly?  Have you looked at our code?  Does
>it
>look like our current architecture can be linked into an SCA compliant
>base?  I've heard that the SCA's CORBA approach may be too overweight to
>allow PC-based solutions like GNU Radio.

 Yes, it will be open source. I haven't looked at your code, yet. My
application is PC based, too, and I am not having problems about the CORBA
overhead. Actually, a specialized version of CORBA, minimumCORBA is enough
for SCA. This CORBA version is designed for embedded and card-format
systems. Another thing about SCA-compliance is the AEP (Application
environment profile). These are the requirements for the OS to support.
These requirements are fulfilled if you have a POSIX-compliant OS.

Murat