[Discuss-gnuradio] Beginner questions

From: Ryan Pape
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Beginner questions
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:29:11 -0500

I'm just getting started looking at GNURadio.  My initial interest is in
simply receiving standard UHF radio transmissions( standard 2 way
radio/repeater stuff), multiple frequencies simultaneously, if possible

I know there is work done on both using a data aquisition card and a sound
card.  Which of these would work for what i'm interested in and is there a
slightly more detailed explanation anywhere of either the external
hardware/receiver requirements and the theory behind their operation.

Thanks a lot,

Ryan