Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comiling GNURadio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Comiling GNURadio
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:48:40 -0800

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 06:27:04AM +0100, shirin mohseni wrote:
> Hi
> I tried to compile the GNURadio. In running ./configure I have a problem
> and the error is:
> Qt (>= Qt 2.2.1) (headers and libraries) not found.
> Anyone knows the reason?
> Thanks
> Shirin Mohseni

Either (1) you don't have a version of Qt installed that is >= 2.2.1
or (2) the version of Qt you have is compiled with a different version
of g++ than that which you are using to build GNU Radio.  g++-2.96,
3.1 and 3.2 all have different ABI's.  3.2 is supposed to the new,
unchanging, multivendor version.

My suggestion is to down load a copy of Qt, and build it with the same
version of g++ that you're using for GNU Radio.  You may need to set
some environment variables to get this to work.

This is from the README...

> If you're building with g++ 3.x and your distribution was built with
> 2.96, ./configure will probably fail trying to locate Qt 2.x, even
> though you're sure you've got it installed.  The problem is that the
> default installation of Qt will have been built with g++ 2.96 which is
> not binary compatible with the code generated by 3.x.  The fix is to
> download the source for Qt and build it using g++ 3.x, then set some
> environment variables prior to running configure.
>
> On our systems, this bit of shell code has us win with g++ 3.x
>
> CC=gcc-3.1.1
> CXX=g++-3.1.1
> F77=g77-3.1.1
> QTDIR=~/build/qt-x11-free-3.0.4