Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Part 15 and Gnuradio...

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Part 15 and Gnuradio...
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:11:24 -0800

Tom,

I've proposed an alternative approach which I checked out with two certification labs: abandon any mention on the GNURadio site of the words receiver and transmitter. Use only words associated with test instruments, e.g., signal processor, signal generator and spectrum analyzer. The FCC now permits test instruments to be freely marketed to anyone with almost no certifications required and no limits, I'm aware, regarding their intentional radiation. If you check out the certs used by HP and Tektronix to qualify their instruments you'll see this is so.