Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AMPS implementation

From: Mark Smith
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AMPS implementation
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:00:58 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:54:10PM +0330, elnaz shafipour wrote:
> I want to know if any on one of you have any document about AMPS
> implementation or do you know how it works.
> thanks

I assume you're talking about the control channel?  The carrier channels
are just FM.  I think they're 10kHz deviation, but I'm not 100% sure on
that.

As for the details of the control channel, I don't know.  I'm sorry.
I'm sure there's a standards body out there that discusses this sort of
thing and has the document online, or at the very least, a pre-release
final draft version of the document.  AMPS has been around long enough,
I suspect you could find some hacker group somewhere that has a copy,
if its not publically available, if nothing else.  :)

-Mark
--
Mark Smith - finger address@hidden for GPG v1.0.1 public key