Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature demodulator update

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature demodulator update
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:50:35 +0000

Hello

Any chance you could post the circuit plans here?

 I haven't got a circuit diagram as such at the moment as the demodulator
is made up of various circuits some of which I have had around for a while.
Basically though the circuit consists of lots of standard and datasheet
example circuits connected together. One problem is that the quadrature
demodulator IC I have used the RF2711 has now been discontinued. However
the circuit is a real mess at the moment and I am going to have to design
it so it consists of a single small & neat board. In brief the circuit
consists of a MSA-0886 MMIC to amplify the low level IF from my receiver
which feeds into a RF2711. The RF2711 is also connected to a 21.4 MHz
Colpitts crystal oscillator. The I & Q outputs of the RF2711 are
amplified by OPA340 op-amps (chosen because they are cheap and single
supply) in non-inverting configuration with a gain of approx 5 although I
am going to increase that.

Regards

Ian