Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modulation

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modulation
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:04:49 -0800

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:08:54PM +0330, elnaz shafipour wrote:

> Hi every body,
> I want to if I can run an modulation file(GMSK modulation)separately
> and if I can how should be its input file.
> thanx.

I'm not sure that I've got the question, but in any case here are a
couple of answers:

If you've got an external program that implmenents a GMSK modulator,
the easy way to get its output in to GNU Radio is to have the external
program create a binary file containing either shorts of floats.  Then
use either VrFileSource<short> or VrFileSource<float> as your source
(head of the pipeline in GNU Radio).

If I got the question wrong, and what you want to do is take the
output of GNU Radio and pass it to an external program, the process is
to create a binary output file with GNU Radio using either
VrFileSink<short> or VrFileSink<float> and then feed that binary file
to your external program.

Unless the data sets are huge (100's of megs), I suggest that you use
floats as your external file format.  It's just less hassle to work
with.

Hope that helps!

Eric