Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:06:49 +0100

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003, Eric Blossom wrote:
> >  Its obvious I am making a very basic error here by not putting something
> > in the include path or by not linking to something. Can anyone give me an
> > example of how to compile this little test program ?
>
> The easiest way to build new applications or test programs is to simply
> add them to the gnuradio/src/gnu/examples directory and edit
> Makefile.am, then type "make".  The Makefile should be regenerated
> from Makefile.am, and then the appropriate magic will be performed.
[...]

Another way, less tied to the GNU Radio sources consists in adding the
following lines to your own application configure.in:

        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GNURADIO, gnuradio >= 0.7)
        AC_SUBST(GNURADIO_CFLAGS)
        AC_SUBST(GNURADIO_LIBS)

and adding these lines to your Makefile.am:

        AM_CPPFLAGS = @GNURADIO_CFLAGS@

        bin_PROGRAMS = myapp
        myapp_SOURCES = myapp.cc
        myapp_LDADD = @GNURADIO_LIBS@

NB: It assumes you're using autoconf/automake/pkg-config.
This solution works well with Hamlib, as long as the pkg-config patch
is applied to gnuradio lib.

73's
Stephane