RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRAudioSource question (was Parallel Port Inter

From: Joseph DiVerdi
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRAudioSource question (was Parallel Port Interface)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:03:59 -0700

At 3:39 PM -0800 3/3/03, Ettus, Matt wrote:
>> My understanding is that VrAudioSource is not able to handle I&Q input
>> from a sound card. However, some appropriate changes in
>> VrAudioSource.h
>> would solve the problem, adding support for VrComplex oType.
>> Matt, could you confirm?
>
>You need to use GrAudioSource.  There will be 2 outputs, one for the left
>channel, one for the right, both in char, short, or int format.  You'll need
>to convert to a complex number if that is what you want.  I think I have
>some example code at home, and will try to send it out tonight.
>
>You should also use GrAudioSink for the corresponding output.  It will
>actually take a VrComplex input.
>
>Matt

Dear Stephane and Matt,

Thanks much for your help. I'll look into GrAudioSource and look forward to the
example code.

Looking to the (near) future, I will be pushing this complex data stream
through a data processing path ending up with the FT (which will then enable
resolution of positive and negative frequencies). I don't see a lot of modules
with Complex in their names. :( I guess this represents an opportunity. :)

Best regards,
Joseph
--
Joseph A. DiVerdi, Ph.D., M.B.A.