Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Future USB hardware questions

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Future USB hardware questions
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:16:01 -0500

I think it's important to note that the USB hardware is not the only hardware
you will need.
You will also need a tuner/receiver of some type, for GPS you will need to be able to receive 1575.42MHz, this is not within the range of the ever popular cable-tv tuner.

Josh Goes wrote:
Howdy.

This USB hardware peripheral you guys are making… just have some questions regarding it…

1) Providing there is code to drive these requests, will the peripheral be able to receive FM, receive ATSC HDTV, GPS and GSM stuff?

2) What is the likely-hood of GPS code being written by the time the USB peripheral is released?

For those who are curious.. I have successfully got Linux running on my Xbox and I plan to put the Xbox in my car, and because the Xbox is USB, I’d like to be able to plug this USB peripheral you dudes are making and have Linux power my GPS and FM and stuff like that.

Thanks in advance,

Josh.