[Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X : status?

From: Charlie Surface
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X : status?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

After applying the quick hacks mentioned a couple
weeks ago, and installing FFTW and dlcompat, I finally
got the library (v0.8) to build on my Mac.  Then I
tried to compile the examples in src/gnu/examples, and
I think I've hit a wall.  It appears that two major
pieces are missing:

a) Qt.  I believe this is available as a preview for
OS X, but I couldn't figure out if it's free or not.
I'm not interested in buying it.

b) Sound support.  I started with the mono_audio_out
example, and discovered that soundcard.h and /dev/dsp
are nowhere to be found.

Can someone straighten me out?  As a first project,
I'm considering a port of the VrAudioSink to use the
CoreAudio framework.  If anyone has started down this
path, let me know.

thanks
Charlie