[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie Question

From: joshua
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie Question
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:28:38 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a couple questions for anybody that can answer them.

I saw this posted on an example on the main GNU Radio page.
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/examples/elenco_fm_demo_no_gui.cc)

// This is a demo of a complete FM reception path.
//
// We start with a really cheap AM/FM radio kit, the Elenco Radio Kit
// AM-FM 108 (It's all discrete transistors, no ICs).  We suck the FM
// IF signal out at test point 9 (output of second IF amp), and feed
// it through a buffer board and from there into a 50 Ohm terminated
// input on the Measurement Computing PCI DAS4020/12 A/D board.
//
// Think of the buffer board as a low capacitance input, low output impedance
// converter that can successfully drive IF signals through 2 meters of coax.
// [I ought to scan in the schematic]

Did anybody ever scan that schematic?

I just got my Technician Ham Radio ticket about two or three months ago.  For my
first radio I purchased a little Ramsey's 2 Meter Radio Receiver kit (FR146) as
my RF front-end to play around with.

(http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=FR-Series)

I wanted to use the elenco example as my starting point, if that's possible.

Thank you in advance,

Joshua Hayworth
KD7USN
Camano Island, WA