Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang

From: zarquon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:56:04 -0400

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:27:15PM +0100, Matthew Burnham wrote:
> > What version of g++ are you using?    (g++ --version)
>
> 2.95.4
>
> > The second problem is a g++ problem where it's trying to instantiate a
> > method of a template that is overloaded and shouldn't ever have been
> > instantiated.   I've looked at a work around, but it's pretty ugly,
> > and requires touching a bunch of code.  The problem doesn't occur in
> > at least gcc 3.2.2.
>
> I'll give a more recent gcc a shot, but I guess that means I need to
> upgrade Qt to something compiled with the new version too?

GCC 3.0 changed the ABI, and I believe 3.2 did as well. Then again, I
mostly use C, so it hasn't bothered me much. One way to do it is leave
qt2 at the old version for older programs, and compile qt3 with the new
gcc; that is how debian is handling it (if gnuradio can use qt3; I don't
know, I haven't looked at it that hard).

In any case, you may save time by upgrading your distro, depending on
how much you have customized it.

R C

P.S.
My current project is AFSK1200 on an AVR, which is much easier than what
you folks are doing :) I've got transmit working, but receive needs some
DSP and thus a part with a hardware multiplier. :)