Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SETI-quality receiver going cheap!

From: Rob Judd
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SETI-quality receiver going cheap!
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:17:55 +1000

ed,

When I placed that message there was 5 hours to go and the bidding was
at AU$91.00 so it looked like quite a bargain. I'm aware of the
limitations, having checked the internet for a current source of parts.
It's a fairly obscure brand and they look to have gone out of business.

Still, in terms of noise performance it was designed well, and I found
sites where people were using them as receivers coupled to
radiotelescopes, which is a good indication of quality. Certainly
outperform the average TV tuner anyway.

The belt issue wasn't a big deal for me, it still tunes. I just don't
have any spare change, having just purchased an SDR-1000 from Gerald
Youngblood last week. :)

Regards,

Rob