[Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 tuners available!

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 tuners available!
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:24:30 -0800

Alan Gray and professor Philip Ciufo of the University of Wollongong
have sent me a bunch of Microtune 4702 DT5 / 3X0118 tuners that were
donated to them by their local distributor.

These are different modules than the 4937's that we've been using in
our "standard setup", but can probably be put to good use with a
little work.

The 4702 modules tune from 50 MHz to 860 MHz, have an output frequency
of 36.0 MHz and an IF bandwidth of 7 or 8 MHz.   They require a +5 V
and a +33 V supply for operation and are controlled via an I2C bus.

The data sheet, Alan's schematic for hooking the module up, and an app
note describing a DC-to-DC converter that will generate the +33V
supply can be found at http://comsec.com/4702

GNU Radio already contains code that will talk to the module over a
parallel port if you use the circuit described in Alan's schematic.

If you want one or two of these modules here's what to do:

   Send your name, address and the quantity (1 or 2) along with
   $6 (cash/check/money order) to:

      Eric Blossom
      216 Lemmon Dr., Suite 332
      Reno, NV 89506

   The modules are free; the $6 handles my out of pocket expense
   getting them to you.

Happy hacking!
Eric