Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] own a smart card programmer go to jail?

From: John R. Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] own a smart card programmer go to jail?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:12:22 -0500

--On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 12:42 AM -0800 Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 08:05:25PM -0600, Stephen Nichols wrote:

Wonder how long it will be before something like this is
directed at programmable radios ?

----------

I invite everyone to take a look the FCC's Notice of Proposed Rule
Making regarding Cognitive and Software Radios, and to file comments.
There's a bunch of fairly nasty stuff in there related to the topic at
hand.

The document can be found at
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-322A1.pdf

Start on page 35 if you're in a hurry.

Eric

Eric, I suspect there are others on this list much more involved than I, but wanted to let you know that the ham community is gearing up to respond to this threat. I'm not sure how things are going to play out, but I'm spreading the word among the TAPR community (there will be a major blurb on this in the upcoming issue of our journal) and I'm also doing what I can to raise awareness within the larger ARRL organization.

John