Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Front-end 802.11b

From: Akshay Mishra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Front-end 802.11b
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:21:22 +0530

Hello,
        The 802.11b should be possible with the USRP being built. (What are
                the FPGA gates/speed ?). The kind of ADC/DAC's being packed on
        it, it seems sufficient for the 802.11. Matt should be able to advise
        on this.

        there is a mention about many other interfaces besides ADC/DAC which
        can be used for AGC control/channel selection etc.

        -akshay.

        PS : we used some mini-circuits "plug & play" RF for our experiments
        here. Lot of fun and easy to use. Any body else having used them ?
        Passive RF front ends with wide dynamic range. suitable for SDR kind
        of work.
        http://www.mini-circuits.com/