[Discuss-gnuradio] frontend4702 layout

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] frontend4702 layout
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:10:45 -0800

Dear Matt, Eric and others:

    I have made all of the schematic changes you have sent me in the schematic with the mosfets, agnd changed and others. They are on the web site  http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio . There are several files there that may be of interest. The first two are the schematic of the 4702 frontend itself. There are two B size pages. The first is FrontEnd4702_1.pdf and the second is FrontEnd4702_2.pdf.

    The Orcad Capture schematic database is there also. It is FRONTEND4702.DSN, and was done with Capture Release 9.

    The layout is the file FE22.MAX, and is a "Max Netlist Format" (.MNL) created from Orcad Layout version 7. It is double sided and the Gerbers are plotted.

    The component side gerber is FE22.TOP and its silk screen is FE22.SST. The solder side is FE22.BOT and its silk screen is FE22.SSB.

    I also plotted out the component side and its silk screen in "frontendlayoutcomponent.pdf" and the solder side and its silk screen in "frontendlayoutsolder.pdf", although the funny stipple & color business makes them very difficult to grok. The gerber files are much better.

    My current plan is to have the boards fabbed without a solder mask. That way, it is a bit easier to change them if required. The only significant implication is that a couple of pieces of Kapton take need to be put under the tuners where their cans touch the component side of the board (or they need to be off the board by a millimeter or so).

    Everything is routed, I dont see any manufacturing issues, although I may be in the "cant see the forest because those darn trees are all in the way" mode a little bit. After going around this board for many hours, my eyes are beginning to cross a bit.

    Please look at the files and see if you'all think it is a reasonable layout or not.

    I will go read a book and be back manana.

Charles Krinke, WA6LWB