Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and the USRP

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and the USRP
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:58:34 -0700

At 09:20 PM 7/27/2004, Eric Blossom wrote:
We're interested in seeing what we can off-load into the FPGA, but for
Matt and I, it's a relatively low priority.  Others of course are free
to dive in and see what they can do.

The FPGA we're using does not contain hardware multipliers, so some of
the signal processing is a bit of a challenge.

Wasn't one of the major requirements of the USRP to be able to handle these computations? Are there compatible FPGAs that can be dropped into the USRP which have the multipliers?

steve