Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSRP ADC board finalized / production cost estima

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSRP ADC board finalized / production cost estimates
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:02:11 -0400

Great Job, David!

How tough will it be to assemble the board by hand?

David Carr wrote:

Hi all,

I ordered prototype pcbs for the SSRP LTC1746 board today. They should be here in a little more than a week. If the initial bring up goes well then I should have production boards shortly thereafter. The SSRP LTC1746 ADC module can sample at up to 20Msps with 14 bits of precision. It looks like production units will cost $60-70 unassembled or bare PCBs $15. The bare PCB option can be considerably cheaper because an individual can request free samples of the LTC1746 and THS4501 and save $25+. Assembled boards will be available for additional cost. With the USB2 module running $89, and the LTC1746 board ~$70, a user can get a 10Mhz bandwidth, 14 bit radio peripheral for about $160. Not too bad I'd say.

-David Carr