[Discuss-gnuradio] HD-[23]000 RAW?

From: Cory Papenfuss
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] HD-[23]000 RAW?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:59:58 -0500 (EST)

Hey all... I heard rumors to this effect on a post yesterday. Someone mentioned that the pcHDTV card can be set up to bypass parts of the card? I looked at trying to coerce a BTTV-based card into being a general purpose ADC, but it didn't seem like it was very doable. If the ATSC card is more general purpose (i.e. not inherently tied to video timings for sync, interrupt generation, etc) it might be a decent avenue for tinkering with software radio. The tuner should be good through the usual cable bands, so it would be a nice integrated package.

Oh yeah, and it hardware decodes 8VSB (and hopefully QAM soon) so you could even use it to capture HDTV. Why would anyone want to use it for that? :)

-Cory