[Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes_hilbert () usage

From: cswiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes_hilbert () usage
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:15:33 -0500 (EST)

Gang - how is the hilbert filter taps used?  Either I don't understand
hilbert or how to use gr.firdes_hilbert.

If I feed a complex signal directly to output plot I get the expected
signal for positive and negative freq.  However if I feed it thru a
hilbert filter first there's a phase shift but there doesn't seem to be
any difference for positive or negative freq. Or maybe I'm not looking
at them right.

        signal = 10e3   ; set positive or negative
        sample_rate = 1e6
        cfir_decimation = 1

        src = gr.sig_source_c (sample_rate,gr.GR_SIN_WAVE,signal,1.0,0)

        hilbert_coeffs = \
                gr.firdes_hilbert (37, gr.firdes.WIN_HAMMING)

        hilbert = gr.fir_filter_ccf (
                cfir_decimation,
                hilbert_coeffs )

        dst - gr.file_sink (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "hilbert_2_pos.dat")

        fg.connect (src,hilbert)
        fg.connect (hilbert,dst)

--Chuck