Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Documentation

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Documentation
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:23:03 -0500

At 10:13 AM 12/10/2004 -0300, you wrote:

   I sorry about the silly question, but I'm having
troubles trying to access the documentation at the cvs
repository (ie. gnuradio/docs/howto-write-a-block) I
only see a .xml file and when I click on it with my
browser (firefox) I only see the source code. Witch
program should I use to see this docs?
   I having troubles trying to compile gnuradio from
the files I get from cvs repository (I did it easily
with the .tar.gz files I had downloaded before), but
to tell the truth I have just start trying so I will
keep reading the readme files and if I still can't
compile I write another mail.
   tk's for the help.

You can check out 'docs' and it will pull the howto-write-a-block
module along with the rest.

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs(at)savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnuradio co -P docs

put the 'at' sign in place of (at) above
or just the howto

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs(at)savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnuradio co -P docs/howto-write-a-block

directories with a Makefile have a rule to run xmlto, in this howto you can run it manually

$ xmlto html-nochunks howto-write-a-block.xml

will make an html you can open in mozilla