[Discuss-gnuradio] dial_tone example not working quite right

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dial_tone example not working quite right
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:28:21 -0500

I'm running on Fedora Core 3 (Alsa 1.0.6) with an SiS962L/AD1888 combination.

The dial_tone example plays only one channel, rather than the expected two, so
  it doesn't sound like a dialtone :-)

I note that there are references to an audio_alsa module in the python code, but
  no apparent corresponding C++ package to go with it, so the dial_tone example
  seems to use the (emulated under ALSA) OSS API.  Could this be the source of
  my problem.

I found getting this going quite time consuming--I'm not relishing the
  thought of getting wxPython going tommorow so I can play with some of
  the GUI-based demos.  But such, as they say, is life...

My other Alsa-using applications, like XMMS, play both channels without any
  problem, so I don't think it's any inherent problem in the sound system.

--
Marcus Leech                Mail:   Dept W669, M/S: 04352P16
Advisor                     Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145