Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make check test failures, Mac OS X, Python/SWIG

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make check test failures, Mac OS X, Python/SWIG
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:56:10 -0800

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:28:48AM -0800, Jonathan Jacky wrote:

> I built gnuradio-core from CVS on Mac OS X.
>
> I have seen reports on this list and on the wiki that people have
> successfully built gnuradio on OS X.  I would be grateful for any
> advice.  In particular, can anyone tell me what swig version they used,
> and whether any special tweaks are needed to get swig working with python
> and
> C++ on OS X.  I also see that gnuradio-core/README says "DO NOT USE
> GCC 3.3" --- which is the gcc version provided with Mac OS X!  However
> the README suggests the problem might be for X86 only.  OS X also
> provides gcc 2.95.2 as an alternative, but I gather using some other
> version under OS X would be inconvenient.  Can anyone tell me whether
> the OS X gcc 3.3 (or 2.95.2) works for gnuradio?

gcc 3.3 on OS/X works fine.

> Detailed descriptions of my whole installation adventure, including swig
> and all the other prerequisites, are at
>  http://staff.washington.edu/~jon/gnuradio-osx-install-r1.txt (swig 1.3.25)
>  http://staff.washington.edu/~jon/gnuradio-osx-install-r2.txt (swig 1.3.22)
>
> Jon Jacky
>
> PS Here are the messages I got from "make check" after I built with swig
> 1.3.22.  This first one seems to come from C++, so it is probably not
> related to swig:

One note: under OS/X, when building gnuradio-core, you have to
"make install" before "make check" will work.

[The problem is related to trying to run the python code using the
non-installed versions of libgnuradio-core and the swig generated
libraries.  Feel free to sort it out and submit a patch.]

Eric