Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using ADC of a TV-card with CX2388x chip or digit

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using ADC of a TV-card with CX2388x chip or digital TV-reception chips/cards
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:05:15 +0100

Cory Papenfuss wrote:
CX23883_Datasheet.pdf:
Capture Control Register 24 h310180
Bits   Type   Default Name Description
[6] RW 0 CAP_RAW_ALL A value of 1 enables continuous raw data mode capture.

     Interesting... I'm sure you've already tried this as one of the
 undocumented registers in the bt878, right?

I have so far only tried all options in the so-called undocumented TEST
register.
The only thing I could get it to do is not-syncing, no output or crash
It is hard to try out all options because you have to setup a risc program in
memory to get the exact amount of samples the card is sending.
So in some undocumented place you have to set this packet size
In another undocumented place you have to enable the right mode
Then setup the risc program accordingly.

If the bt878 can do it I hope to find out how, but it takes a lot of trying and
guessing.