[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie Question: Linking with GnuRadio Libraries

From: Bill Peter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie Question: Linking with GnuRadio Libraries
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:14:29 -0500

Hi I'm new to GnuRadio -- but I'm really impressed!  I think this
might become a revolution as big as the Linux kernel has been to the
Intel CPU! :-)

Now, I'm a real novice, but here's my question:  I currently am using
Matlab to do some DSP on some 10.7 MHz digitized data coming in from a
receiver and a digitizer.  The receiver is hooked up to an exterior
antenna used for a physics experiment in the atmosphere.

I am using quadrature demodulation to downsample the acquired data
that I am storing on a hard disk.  For this, I use down-mixing with a
low-pass filter (Butterworth), etc.

My questions are:

(1) Can I use the GnuRadio libraries to link in my own "driver" c++
code to do the same thing I do with Matlab--but now with GnuRadio?

(2) How would I do this?  Can I just write a c++ program that makes
use of your Quadrature Demodulation class to do it for me:  Would it
look something like this:

//use GnuRadio libraries
my_demod = new VrQuadratureDemod( xxx ) ;

and link in with the appropriate libraries?  Does anyone have any
simple examples/templates and a Makefile ?

(3)  Can C++ code link with CC libraries?  I don't know much about Objective C?

Thanks for ANY help I get!

--Guillermo