[Discuss-gnuradio] FYI: AOR300A modification success

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FYI: AOR300A modification success
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:20:23 +1030

G'day,

I finally had some time to sit down and modifiy a AOR3000A scanner to bring
out the 10.7MHz IF. The chosen tap point is the collector of Q11 situated on
the main board at the bottom of the receiver. After lifting the board, I
soldered one end of a 100pf ceramic capacitor to the collector of Q11, which
is the pin that connects to L26 via a SMD decoupling capacitor, soldered the
braid of a thin and flexible coaxial cable to the ground at the edge of the
PCB and connect the other end of the capacitor to the inner conductor of the
coaxial cable. The other end of the coaxial cable is connected to a SMA bulk
head connector (solder type) that was mounted in the back wall of the
receiver after drilling a new hole of appropriate size.

In WFM mode, the IF output is used to provide a real time signal to the USRP
BasicRX input for further signal processing with GnuRadio.

I'd success in decoding AM, WFM and SSB signals with good quality.

Inspired by these successes the next item on the TODO list is the design of a
scanner frontend PCB utilizing a Microtune 4707 tuner.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]