[Discuss-gnuradio] mic audio input

From: cswiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] mic audio input
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:00:36 -0500 (EST)

Gnurus: Does audio mic input work with audio.source() ?
I get some funny rate-mismatched sounds. Test recording/playback
with Gnome "sound recorder" sounds *great*. But in gnuradio
is sounds like it's divided by two.

We have a working SSB generation script that plays audio
files and gnuradio created tones (like dialtone), out
the usrp, thru a 29db amp and picked up on a nearby
radio, actual rf transmission. It's not efficient but by using
the old trick of putting the sharp filters at low audio
rate and following them with wide filters to do the
interpolating it runs at about 60% CPU on a Pentium M
1600Mhz notebook. With some custom written blocks
it would be much better. Working script here:

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/weaver_gen.py

All I need now is a working microphone input and some bigger
amps ;)

--Chuck