Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] command-line macro definition

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] command-line macro definition
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:14:34 -0800

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 04:44:17PM -0600, Suvda Myagmar wrote:
> When compiling gnuradio-core, I would like to predefine some macros as
> command-line options of the compiler. For example:
>
> g++ -DDEBUG -DMY_EXTEND
>
> Because in gnuradio all Makefiles are machine-generated I can't figure
> out where to specify these options. Help!
>
> Thanks
> -suvda

Hi Suvda,

The place to edit is configure.ac

Add them to the end of this line:

STD_DEFINES_AND_INCLUDES="$DEFINES $GNURADIO_INCLUDES $BOOST_CFLAGS"

If they only apply to a single directory, you can find and modify the
line in the relevant Makefile.am that looks like this:

INCLUDES = $(STD_DEFINES_AND_INCLUDES) $(CPPUNIT_INCLUDES)

Eric