Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian Segmentation fault during make check

From: Damien B.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian Segmentation fault during make check
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:48:31 +1100

Hi,

I managed to install Gnu-radio project on ubuntu (based on debian)
without the 'make check' error message.
Here is a small walk-though. I'll add a Wiki entry if you think it's worth it.

(Sorry for my english)

Add this repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Here is a list of packages i installed (more or less accurate) that
can be installed directly:
automake1.7
libtool (1.5.6-4)
python-dev
fftw3-dev
libboost-dev
libasound2-dev
libusb-dev
swig

Now a few elements are not availlable as I speak (24/2/2005) on the
package system.
Ubuntu is installed with gcc (the GNU C compiler) but you need a C++ compiler :
Warning the 3.3 version is triggering a problem at the 'make check' so
be sure to install the 3.4 or 3.2.
apt-get install g++ g++3.4

Change the symbolic link so the make script will use the right version:
ln -sf /usr/bin/g++-3.4 /usr/bin/g++

You have to install the cppunit but the package 1.10.0 was compiled
with the g++3.3 you need to recompile it with g++3.4. DL the last
version of cppunit (cppunit-1.10.2.tar.gz)
uncompress : tar -xvvzf cppunit-1.10.2.tar.gz
compil + install : ./configure - make - make install

If you want to run the ./bootstrap script w/o error you have to edit it:
        aclocal-1.7 -I config
        automake-1.7 --add-missing

Reason from Package descrition:
Automake 1.7 fails to work in a number of situations that Automake
1.4 and 1.5 did, so has been renamed so that the previous version can
continue to be made available.

Now you should be able to run all the step of the installation:

Add a new group of user in /etc/sudoers :
        #for the gnu radio
        wheel  ALL=(ALL) ALL

Inside the every repertory:
      ./bootstrap