Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: ssb phasing demod revisited

From: cfk
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: ssb phasing demod revisited
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:36:40 -0800

This is a linux programming question and not exactly a gnuradio question, but
please bear with me a bit as it is filling out a hole in my understanding.

I am trying to bridge the gap in my understanding in programming in userspace,
and I'll use usb as an example by expressing what I know and asking for help
in understanding what I dont know.

I am looking at the program usrp_prims.cc and trying to understand the usb
includes. It #includes usb.h which I can find in /usr/include. I can go
to /usr/lib and find libusb.a which I can run ar and nm on.

Ar tells me this library contains usb.o (amongst other things), and nm tells
me this library contains usb_find_busses (amongst other things).

So, I go looking for usb.c using 'find / -iname usb.c' and find three usb.c's,
all in the kernel source for FC (/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-1.14_FC2_arch).

None of these usb.c files contain the userspace stuff I am looking for. They
all contain the kernelspace side of the usb stack.

So, where do I go to find the appropriate C source code for a library
in /usr/lib that is included by an include from /usr/include in Fedora Core?

With Respect, Charles Krinke