Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] signals/atsc question

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] signals/atsc question
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:17:28 -0800

> I've been mulling over thinking about considering trying to rewrite the
> old atsc stuff over to the new architecture; it doesn't actually look
> that hard... maybe a day's work or so.

Hey, great!  I was thinking of doing it too, but it would take me
awhile to get to it.

> However before doing that, I
> wanted to see that code work, since I don't want to port non-working
> code... so I've been capturing signals with a USRP board.

> The old code expects the signals to be in either 20MS/s shorts or in
> 21.52MS/s shorts ...

The old code re-samples the signals pretty early in the pipeline, once
it figures out where each symbol is.  It should be possible to adapt the
old code to handle input at various rates, without much trouble.  That's
easier than resampling in the new code.