Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NCSA GnuRadio Effort

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NCSA GnuRadio Effort
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:12:09 -0800

The sensor + radio fusion stuff looks interesting.  I see why the Navy's
interested.

In the future, you should be able to talk to both radio and i2c
devices using the USRP.  Your current tuner board could be converted
to a USRP daughterboard with minimal trouble (or you could wait for
Matt's similar board).  You could make a custom daughterboard that has
nothing but plugs for i2c (or maybe you could use the basic rx or tx
board for that -- I don't know if the i2c pins come out to the rows of
headers or not).  The USRP software provides a way to read and write
to i2c devices (and there are a few on the USRP, including the ID EEPROMs).

        John