[Discuss-gnuradio] RF front end?

From: Chen-Mou Cheng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF front end?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:12:12 -0500

Hi everybody,

I'm a grad student working primarily on wireless sensor network stuff.
 I just got my USRP and am having great fun playing with it.  I'd like
to do some projects with it (e.g., making it talk to Berkeley Motes),
but right now there appears to be no suitable RF front end that works
on the 900MHz/2.4GHz ISM bands.  Has anyone had/heard anything similar
before?  If so, what did they use for RF front ends?  I'm relatively
new to this mailing list and would like to get some feedback from you
forerunners.

The following question is mainly for Matt (of Ettus Research), but I'd
also appreciate it if anyone else can share some information.  From
ettus.com, it seems that several RF front ends (including ones on
900MHz and 2.4GHz) are being planned.  Any updates on the progress (or
better, potential release dates)?

Thanks for your replies in advance.  I look forward to joining this
exciting project! :)

Regards,
Chen-Mou