RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] signals/atsc question

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] signals/atsc question
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:38:50 -0000

I would like to do N, where N is larger than 4, correlators on the FPGA
in order to do code acquisition for code division multiplexing.  I would
also
like to do beam steering experiments on four channels.  All involve
multiplications and the lower the latency, the better.

Then the question becomes how MUCH ram is burned in this scheme?  Is it
onerous?  We are not anywhere near the fill up point in the Cyclone yet
are we? Can we get a link to this paper instead of just an announcement?

The last time I looked, an HDTV receiver is not a low power device. Why
would we care unless the heat load can't be born by the device running
at full tilt?

Bob