Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New tarballs! Gnu Radio 2.5

From: Rahul Dhar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New tarballs! Gnu Radio 2.5
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:02:03 -0500

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:55:29PM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
> Thanks to the help of many of you,  I've just released a new set of
> tarballs.
>
>   http://comsec.com/wiki?GnuRadio2.X
>
> This now includes Joshua Lackey's GMSK code, Bob Vincent's examples,
> Ramakrishnan's block that combines an FIR filter and a delay, as well
> as bunch of other new blocks, fixes, etc.
>
> On the USRP front, the usrp tarball includes a new FPGA bitstream that
> features better scaling of Tx and Rx signals when using non power-of-2
> decimation and interpolation factors.  Sorry, the half-band filter is
> not yet included.  Also, there's code to support the very soon to be
> available "tv_rx" daughterboard (based on the Microtune 4937 cable
> tuner module) and the "dbs_rx" daughterboard.  I've also reworked the
> usrp.py top level module so that it doesn't look for a USRP at import
> time, but rather waits until the instantiation of the source or sink.
>
> As always, please let me know of any build issues, etc.

I did a fresh checkout from CVS (should be the same, right?)
It builds, but 'make test' fails from gnuradio-core.

Build config:
gcc version 3.4.3-20050110 (Gentoo Linux 3.4.3.20050110-r1,
ssp-3.4.3.20050110-0, pie-8.7.7)
glibc 2.3.4.20050125-r1
Python 2.3.5
wxPython 2.5.3.1

Error:
Making check in tests
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core/sr
c/tests'
make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core/sr
c/tests'
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0804df40 ***
/bin/sh: line 1: 20197 Aborted                 ${dir}$tst
FAIL: test_all
===================
1 of 1 tests failed
===================
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src
/tests'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src
/tests'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src
'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>>> build FAILED in /home/rdhar/work/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-core

-Rahul
--
Rahul Dhar
address@hidden